Sunday, December 5, 2010

Passion...What is it and How do I get it?

  
     For Years and years I have heard various trainers speak year after year about how, in order to become successful, "one" must have Passion.

What is Passion?

Passion: Boundless enthusiasm: His skills as a player don't quite match his passion for the game.(Dictionary.com)


I sat down with a group of sales professional and asked them what Passion means to them and this is what they came up with:

1. Enjoy what one does

2. Exude Excitement in Every Aspect

3. Live the product

4. Having Confidence

5. Becoming a Visionary in Life

     I agree that in order to have passion one must really enjoy what they do or the Passion, simply to be stated...won't be there. I also agree with everything else in these 5 statements that the 22 sales professionals that I asked this question came up with unanimously. The one thing that I have to focus on is "Becoming a Visionary". You see, when you can see the abilities that you have in life and can envision the possibilities, then and only then can True Passion come bursting forth out of you.

How many times have you seen a person that has less than adequate ability close a sale because of their passion? I have seen it thousands and thousands of times over the years and I tell you there is nothing more exciting to see than that. Passion for what you do and what you believe in removes all obstacles in your life. You do things not out of fear but out of desire and that will help you do the things that are necessary to fulfill your dreams, goals, and ambitions.

I encourage you today to do a Gut Check and see exactly what it is that makes you Passionate. Not something that you like or enjoy, but something that will make you so excited that nothing will stand in the way of you achieving what it is that you desire.

Until Next Time... Happy Selling!

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment